Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 16, 2022)

Actor Dharmendra took to social media on Wednesday to share a video of himself receiving a Coronavirus booster shot. “The Omicron variant is spreading like wildfire,” he says, noting the need for everyone over the age of 60 to be jabbed. The actor adds, “I’m trying to take care of myself. But even after taking the shot, we should be very careful. So far, I’m doing well.”

The 86-year-old actor is currently nestled in his farmhouse in Lonavala to keep himself safe and away from Mumbai, where Coronavirus cases are on the rise. Dharmendra shares that he keeps himself busy with writing poetry and taking regular walks. He adds, “I also keep testing myself at regular intervals. It keeps the fear of contracting the virus at bay. I was supposed to go for a shoot in Daman but I cancelled it.”

However, he is quick to add that he’s eager to get back to work: “Five to ten days of shooting for Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani are still left. I truly enjoy playing this character. I’m so used to working that I can never sit idle. Work is worship for me.”

A couple of weeks back, Dharmendra was in Manali with his family, including his elder son, actor-politician Sunny Deol. “It was one of life’s best experiences. Sunny is an introvert, but this time he was very friendly with me. Baap bete ke beech mein izzat bahut zaroori hai but thoda sa khul jaana bhi achha hai. We went camping and enjoyed the snow,” ends the actor, who will also be seen in Apne 2.