Janhvi Kapoor expresses her worries about the impact of Omicron surge on showbiz
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 6, 2022)

Janhvi Kapoor was one of the few actors to have a theatrical release last year even amid the pandemic. And while she believes that Roohi (2021) came out at a “tough time” when the fate of most films was uncertain, it made her “feel very lucky”. “It was an experiment in trying to gauge the climate of films during the pandemic. People did come out to see it in good numbers, which was encouraging,” she explains.

Currently, Kapoor has films like Mr And Mrs Mahi, Good Luck Jerry and Mili in the pipeline. Though she mentions feeling “under-exposed” as an actor, she adds, “I’m thrilled about my films and extremely hopeful about all of them. More than anything, I’m excited about getting started on the process of becoming the characters I’m going to play in my upcoming projects.”

What also has her enthused is her recent collaboration with her father, producer Boney Kapoor, for Milli.

“I have always heard stories about how magnanimous a producer he is and how he spoils his entire team. I got to witness it. There’s always this fear of not spending enough time together, and this experience ensured that we are professionally tied to each other. I feel very thankful for that,” shares the 24-year-old.

Given the rising curve of Coronaviris cases and the spread of Omicron variant, the actor shares her thoughts on the consequences it might have on showbiz. “We were just getting a sense of theatrical releases and resuming shoot life... I am concerned about financials, job opportunities and the vision that everyone has for their releases. Having said that, I believe that in this situation, there’s no point losing sleeping over it, because people’s health, well-being and lives are at stake; the country’s future is at stake,” she concludes.