Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 30, 2022)

Dhairya Karwa’s acting career began with Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019), which was followed by '83 (2021), both of which included an ensemble cast. The actor claims that he is confident and secure as an artiste, which is why he was never hesitant to take on those ensemble productions.

“My intention has been to be a part of good, engaging stories, and quality matters to me. Eventually, I believe that if you keep going and stick to your guns, even the smallest part may have a significant impact. It will then lead you to a project where you are at the forefront. I may have had smaller roles in my earlier works, but people have recognized me,” shares Karwa, whose next project, Gehraiyaan will once again see him sharing space with multiple actors — Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday and Siddhant Chaturvedi.

About how he is ready to shoulder a film on his own, the actor says, “I am striving to now play a lead. It is the kind of responsibility that I am looking for in my career. Ensembles have helped me gain confidence to shoulder films in the future. They have been my learning ground and acting school, and I am prepared now. I have experience. I just have to keep building on this.” 

While he made his acting  debut in 2019, the pandemic  had a significant impact on the pace of his career. However, the 31-year-old is hopeful that things will soon return to normalcy. “The wait has been long. Par der aaye durust aaye. My first two films were signed back-to-back, but '83 took two years to release. All of this could have happened sooner, but that is destiny. I hope that this is just the beginning and that it keeps getting better. I am raring to go and just work,” he concludes.