Actor Arjun Kapoor talks about having a busy 2021 and how focus on his personal life affects him, at times
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 27, 2021)

Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar (SAPF), Sardar Ka Grandson and Bhoot Police — actor Arjun Kapoor had a rather eventful 2021. Grateful to have received the chance to entertain audiences even during the pandemic, he says, “You have to be grateful and have humility in accepting that at a time when the world was in chaos, work was happening for me and I received love for it. It’s great to stay connected with the audience, reconnect with them and remind them that I’m here to act and earn my bread and butter by entertaining them.”

SAPF had a theatrical release and it earned him critical acclaim for his portrayal of a Haryanvi police officer. That made 2021 “a professionally satisfying year” for the actor. “My effort has been noticed by the upper echelon, who care about credible work,” says Kapoor, adding, “When Naseeruddin Shah (actor) says, ‘I saw your work and you were fantastic,’ or when Kumud Mishra (actor) says, ‘You didn’t even slip in your accent even once’, it’s an overwhelming feeling.”

The film “is still paying dividends”, admits the 36-year-old: “Even the critics have had a conversation about it. The film had its own share of ups and downs, and we had to wait a long time for its release, but eventually, it worked out.”

Apart from his work, he has also been in the news for his relationship with actor Malaika Arora. Quiz him if it bothers him and he admits, “Sometimes I feel it’s a little unfair, but it’s passable. I respect the boundary till a certain degree to which people can have an opinion, beyond which if they get too personal, I don’t enjoy it.”