Shruti Haasan talks about her father, Kamal Haasan’s recovery from Covid-19
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 23, 2021)

Actor Shruti Haasan, who has been shooting throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, continues to remain cautious on film sets. While she is relieved that most of the country is vaccinated, she notes that the Omicron variant is a cause of “concern across the board”.

Haasan goes on to say that she lost a “friend to Covid-19” and that “there are no specific permutations and combinations of who can contract the virus”.

Speaking of her father, actor-politician Kamal Haasan, who was infected with the virus last month, she shares, “My dad was super safe (in following safety protocols) but it still happened. The hospital was amazing. He has recovered 100% and is back to shooting.”

Talk about her professional front and the actor shares that she intends to put on the hat of an author and is set to release a book of poetry, written and compiled by her. “I’ve been writing since I was 13. As a teen, poetry was my sanity,” shares the Vakeel Saab actor, who is also known for her music. She goes on to add that after poetry she also gradually took to writing lyrics for her songs.

“I hadn’t ever thought of writing songs, but my teacher told me that I should start... Hip-hop and rap lyrics are so intelligent. I love the way they use words and tell a story. I’m still that person who searches lyrics online,” she ends.