Birthday boy John Abraham shares why he isn’t likely to do web projects any time soon
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 17, 2021)

Actor John Abraham doesn’t believe in crafting answers to please other people. He would rather say what he truly feels, and that’s evident when we ask him whether he would follow in the steps of his contemporaries and release a film on OTT platforms for any reason.

“I believe, in my head, I am a big screen hero, and I will appear on the large screen,” he continues, “At this point, I can’t even visualise myself appearing for a subscription fee (on OTT). All my films have been designed for the big screen for the next three years. I don’t have the time to do anything else outside of big screen films at this point... But never say never.”

The 49-year-old, who celebrates his birthday today, also believes that nothing can match the experience of watching a film in a theatre. “Take Sooryavanshi, for example. Watch it [in the theatre] with an audience and see the experience you have. Then go back home and see the experience you have watching a film on a tablet. You tell me the difference,” Abraham says, adding, “Don’t get me wrong. We make OTT films, we respect those platforms. But some films are not OTT films.”

Busy with a packed schedule, the actor’s 2022 is set to be hectic. He confirms that he is starring in the film Pathan, also said to co-star Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.

“My film Attack releases on Republic Day 2022, then there’s Ek Villain Returns somewhere in June, on Eid. I have no idea about Pathan’s release, because we have not yet finished shooting for it, so I cannot comment on it,” Abraham concludes.