Will Saif Ali Khan steal R Madhavan’s thunder?

R Madhavan says he hopes his dignity is maintained as “phenomenal” Khan essays his character in Hindi remake of Vikram Vedha
Uma Ramasubramanian (MID-DAY; December 29, 2021)

R Madhavan’s acting prowess hasn’t missed the eye of Saif Ali Khan, who is set to slip into the role played by the former in the Hindi remake of Vikram Vedha. And while Khan has been consistently heaping praise on the 3 Idiots actor, Madhavan is certain he will bring his own charm to the role.

“I am in touch with [Saif]. He is only cautious. He is a phenomenal actor, and always does a brilliant job,” he says. 

Madhavan makes light of the fact that Khan could very well “steal my thunder”. “When Saif puts his heart and soul into a role, he becomes a different monster. I am just keeping my finger crossed and hoping that my identity as Vikram from the Tamil film, is maintained.” 

In the Hindi remake, Khan will lock horns with Hrishik Roshan’s Vedha.