Divya Kaushik (BOMBAY TIMES; December 25, 2021)

Even if it was for a day, a visit to Delhi and meeting old friends was a refreshing change for Kubbra Sait. The actress was in the capital recently to attend an event hosted by her designer pals. The only spoiler, she says, was the poor air quality in NCR. “I walked out of the airport and I choked. The smog was horrible. I felt like I was stepping into a gas chamber. My heart breaks for every Delhiite. The least we can do is hope for clean air to breathe, but the destruction that we have caused to the environment all these years has resulted in this. We cannot single out just one or two reasons for the poor air quality that we have today,” said Kubbra.

‘I’M A FOREVER FAN OF DELHI’S BUTTER CHICKEN’
The actress shares that she spent some days in Delhi during the initial years of her career, shooting for a food show. Thanks to that experience, she is now a forever fan of Delhi’s butter chicken. “I shot two episodes of the show, and they were on butter chicken and chaat. I was someone who never liked butter chicken, but after trying the delicacy in Delhi, I can never say no to butter chicken there. Food has connected me to the city and each time I am there, I look forward to eating nihari, kulchas, piping hot jalebis and a lot more,” said the actress.

‘I AM THANKFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITIES I GOT’
As the year 2021 draws to a close, Kubbra looks back on the year gone by with a great amount of gratitude, as she got the opportunity to shoot for one of her biggest projects — an international sci-fi show, Foundation — in the middle of the Coronavirus pandemic. “It was not easy being away from home. It was physically and emotionally draining, but now when I look back at it, I am thankful that I had that opportunity. I worked really hard for it and I am so full of gratitude that my hard work paid off and I got to do something as big as this. Going forward, as we all will end this year and make a fresh start in 2022, I would just say that let’s take lessons from what we experienced into account, be thankful and just keep going,” says Kubbra.