Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; November 4, 2021)

Urmila Matondkar’s Diwali plan stands cancelled as she tested positive for Coronavirus recently. On Saturday, the actress, who was suffering from cold, lost her sense of taste and smell, after which she took a test and realised she was positive. “Thankfully, my husband (Mohsin Akhtar Mir) and my house staff are negative,” she says as she talks to us on the phone while being isolated in one of the rooms of her home.

The actress is disappointed that she couldn’t travel to her farmhouse in Panchgani for Diwali celebrations. She shares, “My Diwali plans went for a toss after I tested positive for COVID-19. I also cannot enjoy the delicious Diwali faraal. I was also looking forward to meeting my family members at this close-knit bash I had planned, which now stands cancelled. I will celebrate Diwali all by myself this time.”

Talking about how she had celebrated the festival with hubby Mohsin in the past, she says, “Diwali has been a lot of fun with my hubby around. We usually spend the festival at our farmhouse as our dogs cannot bear the loud sound of crackers. I like how Mohsin lights up the place during Diwali. It looks absolutely stunning. He is also a big foodie and likes to binge on the faraal, which my relatives and friends bring home. However, he is sad that this time he is going to miss out on all of that.”