Actor Saumya Tandon on her low-key birthday plans and spending time with family this festive season
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 3, 2021)

Actor Saumya Tandon is looking forward to Diwali festivities and a lot of family time. She is glad that her in-laws, who live in Delhi, are in Mumbai for Diwali, as she and her husband couldn’t meet them in the last two years. “Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, they were reluctant to travel and we couldn’t meet. Now, they are finally here. We will have a lovely Diwali this year. We will decorate the house, play cards, and even go for an intimate house party. Thankfully, after the last two years, which were so sad for everyone, this Diwali will be all about a wonderful celebration, lots of festivities and being with family,” says Tandon.

Family time will continue for the actor even after Diwali, as she plans to travel abroad later this month to be with her sisters. “I am flying to London to meet my sisters. I haven’t met them in two years, so it’s happy times ahead,” she quips.

Moreover, it’s her birthday today and as she isn’t “much of a party person”, the 37-year-old plans to have a low-key celebration. She says, “At times, my husband or friends organise a party, but this year, I’ve told them to not have a big bash. It will just be about family time.”

Tandon tells us that every year, her birthday makes her retrospect about life. She says, “I realise that I’d often get flustered about small things. I’m uptight about my career and get stressed out. But now, due to the pandemic, I have started to develop a balance. I know health is important. It’s okay if you are not working on anything for a while. I’ve always been a workaholic, so now I am getting comfortable with the idea of leisure and chilling.”