Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 25, 2021)

Every time a married woman gains weight doesn’t mean she is pregnant. This misconception is something actor Bipasha Basu Singh Grover constantly battles. “My family life is important. I know there have been a lot of speculations about me being pregnant, on and off, when I put on weight,” the actor tells us.

Though she is among the celebs who are looked up to for their fitness, the Race (2008) actor says she likes to take it easy at times. “I know I’m an ambassador of fitness. But there is a time when I can let go and live life a little bit. It’s not that I’m becoming unhealthy. But the speculations are always going to be there till the time people see me with a baby,” she says.

She married actor Karan Singh Grover in 2016 and understands that people wish well for her. “They are wishing that I have a family, and it is a sweet thought. If that’s supposed to happen, it will happen. The constant scrutiny doesn’t bother me. It’s just that I’m not pregnant, so that’s sad,” expresses the 42-year-old.

When it comes to work life, she was last seen in a web project, Dangerous, last year. She admits that the pandemic affected her. “I’ve not done anything for a long time. Covid-19 definitely put a halt in my head. So, I was not even reading any scripts. But now I’m open to it,” says the actor.