Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 30, 2021)

She has never been to India, yet Gal Gadot enjoys a massive fan base here. Ask her about India and she replies: “I have been to Nepal, which I hear is in many ways similar to India, but I can’t wait to be there.”

The actor, who won over an entire generation with her portrayal of Wonder Woman, served in the Israel Defense forces and won a beauty pageant before venturing into acting, and becoming one of the world’s highest paid actresses. She is now a producer as well.

Sharing how this journey in the film industry has been challenging for her, the 36-year-old quips, “I am a tourist; I love stability. In this line of work, there is no routine! Things change by the minute. You think you are going to go one way, but it is always shifting. It is not the way I like things to be. But on the other hand, there is something very exciting about it (sic).”

It is only now that she is teaching herself to ”just let go”. And, the Coronavirus pandemic has played a big role in that. “It showed us that we can’t control everything. Whatever needs to happen, will happen. I am grateful, but it is the hardest thing I’ve dealt with in this industry,” says Gadot, who will be seen next in the Netflix film Red Notice, with Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson.

“I adore both of them. I’ve worked with them before, in different movies, and it felt familiar and so comfortable to be with them,” she smiles.

Gadot admits that the making was affected during the pandemic. “When we came back, Netflix did an amazing job, making sure everyone was safe. It was crazy and insane, but at the same time, great for everyone to be back on set and work,” she ends.