Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; October 30, 2021)

Actress Tridha Choudhury, who was last seen on TV in Dahleez in 2017, has been busy doing regional films and web shows, including MX Player’s Aashram. She says, “I enjoy working in the OTT space more than TV because the small screen is a lot more demanding in terms of the number of hours you have to put in. Also, I feel I am not cut out for it.”

While Tridha is happy with the way her career has shaped up, on the personal front, the actress says she wants to stay single for the next three years at least. “If I get into a relationship now, it will be unfair to my partner, given my busy schedule. So right now, I have decided to just enjoy my youth, travel, work and live a happy life. I want to settle down someday, but not so soon.”

She was seeing her TV co-star Harshad Arora a few years ago, but things ended within a few months. Talking about Harshad, she says, “He was my co-actor in Dahleez and we were dating at that time. We wanted to explore a future together, but destiny had other plans. We both soon realised that our journeys were different. After Dahleez ended, I moved on to doing web shows and Harshad got busy with his life and work. We do have many common friends, so I keep inquiring about him. He is a very sweet guy. I heard he is dating someone and I am happy for him.”

More recently, she was linked to businessman Nikhil Jain, who was married to actor-politician Nusrat Jahan. Denying the rumours, she says, “Nikhil is my senior batchmate from school in Kolkata. He has been a friend and I just met him once and people started talking about us after his separation from Nusrat. I am not dating him at all. In fact, my sister’s husband’s friend in the USA two years back asked me out and I dated him for some time. We both liked each other, but since he was in the US and I wanted to pursue a career in India, we decided to part ways.”