Shraddha Kapoor, father Shakti Kapoor

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; September 2, 2021)

While Shakti Kapoor, like most doting fathers, is keen to see daughter Shraddha Kapoor find her life partner, he says that the actress is not planning to get married this year. There have been rumours about Shraddha tying the knot with photographer Rohan Shrestha, but Kapoor denies it. He says, “Rohan is a family friend, I have known his father for many, many years. Rohan visits us often, but he has not asked for Shraddha’s hand in marriage. And besides, today, children decide these things on their own. If Shraddha or my son, Siddhanth, tell me that they have chosen their life partner, I will readily agree. But at this point, they are focused on their careers. Marriage is an important decision, and the way people are breaking up, it bothers me sometimes. One has to be sure before making a decision like that.”

Talking about his children’s careers, he says, “I have never stopped Shraddha or Siddhanth from following their dreams. Many people ask me if I had reservations about Shraddha becoming an actress, but that is not true. I want her to shine and do well. She is such a hardworking and talented girl. I call her my ‘golden girl’. She has made it on her own in Bollywood. Siddhanth has received appreciation for Chehre with Amitabh Bachchan and Emraan Hashmi. So, I am happy for both my kids, who are doing well in their careers. I am proud of them.”

Reflecting on his children's career choices and the scripts that they are offered, he says, “When I started off in films, there were different roles etched out for a comedian, a vamp, a villain and the leads. Today, a hero could be the villain, the heroine can be doing a special dance number and the villain sometimes turns out to be the good guy in the end (smiles!). So, the lines are blurring. I am happy that both my kids are choosing different, content-oriented films.”