BOMBAY TIMES (July 1, 2021)

The actress says that the Coronavirus lockdown has paved the way for simple living and making sustainable lifestyle choices

A minimalistic, simple approach towards fashion and beauty is actress Shraddha Kapoor’s new fashion mantra. “The lockdown period has resulted in all of us staying at home more, and paved the way towards focusing on the simplest of things in our lives,” she says, adding, “This period was hard for most people, but it shed light on how basic things are so easily accessible to us that happen to be the most important things to focus on in life. So, even towards fashion and beauty, the approach of keeping real, simple and natural has never been so deep-rooted. The Coronavirus pandemic has reaffirmed my approach of minimalism and simplicity.”

The Stree actress, who is all for recycling clothes, is now more aware of making sustainable lifestyle choices. “I repeat my outfits often, I still wear some of my clothes that fit me from my teenage years. I also believe in recycling my clothes. When I was a teenager as well, I used to revamp my old clothes by cutting them or stitching something on it myself. Sometimes, I would play with fabric paint as well. Of course, it didn’t have the perfect finish, but it had a certain feel and look to it that reflected my personality. There are also services I reach out to where I can donate my clothes and have them recycled instead of just giving them away,” she shares.

Shraddha says that she has also inculcated some habits as a conscious buyer. She adds, “I pay attention to what I buy and why I buy something. There is always a reason for my purchases, it’s never a whim. Even among beauty products, I make sure the products I use are cruelty-free and are not harmful in any way.”

Her efforts towards sustainability aren’t restricted to fashion and beauty, but extends to homeware as well. “I still use a mug that I bought 14 years ago. I try to reuse things as much as possible and don’t shop randomly. Be it turning vegetarian or being a little more conscious of our actions, our planet needs all the help it can get from us,” she signs off.