The actor talks about his experience of working with son Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani
Neha Maheshwri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 14, 2021)

Jackie Shroff ’s last outing, Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai, was special to him in more ways than one. While the actor was happy to work with his friend, Salman Khan, the film also saw him share screen space with his son Tiger Shroff ’s rumoured girlfriend, Disha Patani again after the film Bharat. Ask him about it, and he says, “Disha is a charming lady, and there’s a disarming honesty in her eyes. She can look really simple, but at the same time, when she dances, she is all oomph. I am also aware of the fact that she has a huge number of followers on social media. For me, these kids are far beyond what I am or ever was. They are disciplined and have strong work ethics.”

So, was she nervous while acting with him? “I am the one who is usually nervous, I have always been an introvert. I don’t open up easily, but when I do, aisa lagta hai ki toofan aa gaya hai (laughs!) Talking about Disha, I respect all my leading ladies. I treat them all the same — whether they are newcomers, a few films old, or my seniors. Wohi izzat rakhi maine Disha ke saath aur set ke ethics maintain kiye. But yes, we shared food on some occasions. She likes to eat gathia on her cheat days and I used to take it for her,” replies Jackie.

The senior actor says that it was no different while working with Tiger in Baaghi 3 (2020). “I maintained the same distance from my son, too. He was so focused on his work that I didn’t feel like indulging in small talk with him on the set. Aath ghante kaam karna hai toh kaam ki baat karein,” he shares, adding, “We played father-son on screen and yes, our real-life equation did help us perform better. I guess emotions get portrayed naturally, without doing much.”

Jackie was pleased to see how dedicated his son was towards his work. He shares, “I was amazed to see Tiger’s sincerity towards his work. Then I realised that it requires a lot of discipline and control over one’s mind to do what he does on screen — challenging stunts, emotional scenes... I also realised that he has become a fabulous actor, dancer and fighter. Children love him. In fact, their mothers address me as Tiger and Krishna’s father. It gives me so much pride. I have my own identity, but to be known by my kids’ names is a different high.”