Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; March 26, 2021)

Not seen much on TV these days, actor and singer Namit Das says he is waiting for the right kind of offers from the medium. “I’m happy with the kind of roles being offered to me on the web. For TV, I think it is going to get influenced from the OTT revolution and will change slowly. People now want to watch real things on TV. Right now, I can’t commit to a TV serial as it will take up most days in a month. But yes, I am always open to shows with seasons,” he shares.

Son of renowned ghazal singer Chandan Das, Namit is passionate about music, too. “Singing has taken a backseat for me at the moment because during the lockdown, that was the only thing I was doing on social media with my band. Also, with only a few live events happening in the world, music has taken a backseat not just for me but for many others. The live music scene has taken a beating. Things are in a challenging state right now for most of the live medium options. Recently, I performed in a play at Prithvi Theatre, which has opened to 50 per cent of its capacity. And during the act, I wasn’t able to give my 100 per cent because there were not many people in the audience. For a live performance, we need to have an audience. The worst part is that no one is talking about it. My father also did a few live shows online and despite millions watching and commenting online, he didn’t do it for long as there was no connect with the audience. For him, it was like singing for a void,” Namit adds.