Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 22, 2021)

Recently, some glamorous and stylish photos of actor Rimi Sen popped up on social media, making netizens take notice of her. Sen says, “I have invested in my mind, body and look. Having good looks isn’t enough; one has to be mature as well and all these years away from the industry gave me clarity.”

The 39-year-old debuted in films in 2000 and was part of successful films such as Dhoom (2004), Garam Masala (2005) and Phir Hera Pheri (2006). “Earlier, in my career, I was disappointed as I didn’t get good opportunities, so I quit acting. I got disconnected with Bollywood as I had not done anything memorable,” says Sen.

The actor adds that even today, movies are “male-dominated”. “But during my time, films were made for men and women were furniture in them. Today, we have good content. Women have much more to do and stories are character-driven, so age doesn’t matter,” says Sen.

Additionally, the actor rues the fact that female actors have a shorter shelf life in the industry. “I wasn’t fit back then so I had an inferiority complex working with other heroines who were fit. But now, things have changed and 50-plus actors are also getting good roles,” she says.

Talking about her new look, she says, “I want to give acting another shot. In this industry, 99.9% luck matters and PR and lobbying solid hai toh you will make it. Talent sabse peeche hai. Luck favoured me a lot but my PR was bad. Now, I know what I want in life.”