Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 20, 2020)

Actor Sonakshi Sinha has seen the celeb culture from close quarters, with her dad actor Shatrughan Sinha also being a popular star back in the day. But with all the experiences she has had so far, there must be some things that she is still not okay with.

Ask her what’s the toughest part about being a celebrity, and she says, it is to “inspire people in the right way” as millions look up to you.

“You want to be the correct role model for people. Honestly, for me that’s not difficult but it is constantly at the back of my mind,” she says.

The 33-year-old, who has starred in films such as Dabangg (2010) and Lootera (2013), adds she wants to inspire young women to be comfortable with who they are. “I want them to not be dependent on anyone. These are the values that I want to project,” she makes it clear.

Elaborating on the tough bits, she confesses, “Other than that, for me, what’s been really difficult, is that I have been a very low-key person. I don’t enjoy being the centre of attention, which makes me feel like a misfit in the industry.”

A lot of films have released on OTT platforms including Sinha’s next, Bhuj: The Pride Of India alongside Ajay Devgn. But she has no qualms about it. “A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into making this film. I’m happy it’ll release soon, and we’ll give people the same amazing experience we had while making it,” she says.