Ayushmann Khurrana and Tahira Kashyap. Picture courtesy: Ayushmann Khurana's Instagram account
Rachana Dubey (BOMBAY TIMES; November 3, 2020)

Tahira Kashyap Khurrana and husband Ayushmann Khurrana are a helluva team. Through the months of the lockdown, we kept seeing their adorable posts that showed how they were making the most of their family time, doing fun things together and even finding special ways to celebrate their kid’s birthday given the constraints.

The Khurranas have been in Chandigarh post the lockdown, and after a long break, recently, Ayushmann went back to a film set. The couple celebrated their wedding anniversary on Sunday, and Tahira posted a sweet message on social media with a cute picture of her piggybacking on Ayushmann, and wrote “That’s the only way he picks me up! Gunny bag ‘aaloo ki bori’ style! (sic).”

Talking to BT, Tahira, who has spent the last few months penning her book and fine-tuning her scripts, said, “Ayushmann has resumed work recently. He had also shot ads in Chandigarh a couple of months ago. I have seen first-hand how tough it is to shoot due to the PPE kits and masks. It’s suffocating, but that’s the only way to work right now. It’s tougher for the artiste because they can’t wear a mask while shooting, which is a risk. As excited as I am to get back to work, I am also fearful. I have kids and elders at home, so travelling to Mumbai for work is not on the cards for me right now. I want to make content from where I am, because I can isolate myself easily here.”

Elaborating on how she and Ayushmann plan to manage home and work schedules, she says shares, “He has started shooting his film. We have decided that he will not come home until the schedule wraps up. He will stay with the film’s team for about one-and-a-half month. That rule applies to me, too. The dates for my forthcoming projects have not been decided yet, but when I start shooting, I too, will not see my kids until we have completed the schedule.”
----------------------
Despite shooting in his hometown Chandigarh, actor Ayushmann Khurrana isn’t staying at home, but at a hotel
Prashant Singh (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 3, 2020)

In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, people all over the world have been anxious about the well-being of their loved ones. Ayushmann Khurrana is no different. In fact, the actor — who is currently shooting in his hometown, Chandigarh, for Abhishek Kapoor’s Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui — has gone out of the way for his family’s safety. We have learnt that due to the coronavirus threat, he is not staying at his family home, and instead, has checked himself into a hotel.

“I’ve been extremely cautious throughout the pandemic, and taken every possible step to not catch the virus and protect my family. My wife and kids can never come in harm’s way because of me,” says Khurrana, 36, adding, “Now that I’ve started to work, my parents in Chandigarh, too, should be safe at all times. Though I want to contribute to restart the film industry, I also want to safeguard my family.”

It’s interesting to note that Khurrana has moved into a hotel “along with the entire production team”. He shares, “We all are going to stay there (at the hotel) till the end of the schedule. Even when I go to meet my family nowadays, we observe social distancing measures and also wear our masks. I admit it feels odd, but it’s important for our safety.”

Ask the actor if he misses spending time with his family, and he says, “Once the shoot is done with, I will catch up on all the lost time with them... Staying at a hotel helps protect my family as well as crew members because we’ve tried to create a bio-bubble of sorts. In fact, I’m getting tested (for Coronavirus) at regular intervals.”

Stationed in Chandigarh for several weeks now, he gives full credit to the film’s makers as well as the production crew for going all out to “keep the virus at bay from the sets”. He says, “We are working in extraordinary circumstances that no one has ever seen before. Still, the team has left no stone unturned to ensure that we are all safe and healthy.”