Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; October 29, 2020)

Producer Vinod Bachchan’s Ginny Weds Sunny has struck the right chord with the audience. The Puneet Khanna-directorial, starring Yami Gautam and Vikrant Massey has been appreciated by viewers. In fact, the film has been trending globally on Netflix and was on number one spot in India.

Vinod, who has previously produced films like Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana, Tanu Weds Manu and Zila Ghaziabad under his banner, Soundrya Productions, says, “We were getting a good response from the industry, but I always value the audience’s feedback more. I gauged the audience’s reaction to Tanu Weds Manu. The songs, chemistry between the actors and script were applauded by viewers, so I have tried to retain the same essence in my other films, too.”

The producer enjoys backing films based around weddings with a fresh pairing and unique content at its core. Besides the performances, the music of Ginny Weds Sunny has proved to be a hit with music lovers. “All the songs blended with the script perfectly, I just brought in the right voices and gave them a platform to express. I am glad that the entire soundtrack has been loved by people,” he says.

Talking about his lead pair — Yami and Vikrant — he shares, “Versatile and natural actors like these make work easier for producers. Yami and Vikrant have portrayed Ginny and Sunny better than how they were written on paper, and I couldn’t have asked for more.” Vinod, who looks at spreading “love and joy” through his cinema, promises to make more films that would resonate with the audience. 

Interestingly, he has been a producer, who’s been working with big names in his projects without the backing of any studios. “I hire the best people and provide them everything they ask for it. I have always believed in supporting fresh talent, too. I feel that when we have a task at hand, it should be given the best treatment. I aim to keep entertaining people with many movies, which have different flavour, and most importantly, connect with the audience,” he signs off.