Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 24, 2020)

With the country slowly getting back to its feet, the entertainment industry has also resumed work in full force. And actor Ananya Panday, too, got back on sets in Goa for her upcoming film directed by Shakun Batra co-starring Deepika Padukone and Sidhant Chaturvedi

Ask her how the experience of stepping out for work was, and she says, “I was definitely scared, nervous and a little paranoid. But when I came on the set, I was reassured, as we were all taking every safety precaution. The aim is to keep myself and everyone around me as safe and healthy as possible.”

Adding that every safety check being in place made all her apprehensions go away, the 24-year-old says, “I am happy to get back at work in a safe and healthy way.”

Panday’s recent film Khaali Peeli came out on an OTT platform, and is now coming back to theatres after they reopened on October 15. The actor is happy with the response the film has received. “I consider myself blessed and very grateful that the films I did, Student Of The Year 2 (SOTY 2) and Pati Patni Aur Woh (both 2019) were loved by audiences, and I got a lot of appreciation. I am always going to be grateful. I feel I tried to do something in my second film, which was very different from what I did in SOTY 2, and then in Khaali Peeli, it was again different. I don’t know if I have carved my way or found my path, but I want to continue doing different things,” she says.

Panday’s approach towards work, she explains, is doing anything that makes her grow, even if the choices don’t work out well. “I want to explore and grow, and if that means making mistakes, I am okay with it. I am blessed that I already got love from audiences, and only hope to get more in upcoming films. It’s a very long journey, I am excited for it,” says Panday.