Rachana Dubey (BOMBAY TIMES; October 26, 2020)

Tusshar, who has been juggling his duties as an actor, producer and father over the past few months, believes that the pandemic has a taught people the art of celebrating their joy with simplicity. Talking about the festive season, Tusshar says, “This Diwali is special. I have become a producer and am learning everything about the job from scratch. The lockdown has been a great phase of lessons. For starters, it’s taught us to go minimalistic, especially with celebrations.”

He further adds, “Kudos to our authorities, who ensured that we got a chance to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi, Raksha Bandhan, Eid and Dusshera despite the current situation. If we could celebrate these festivals without hampering the guidelines and taking away from the spirit of the festival, we can do that for Diwali, too. I think even when everything goes back to normal, we should not go crazy hosting parties. I want to celebrate festivals, but I don’t think we need to bring the house down. We have to ensure that we follow guidelines and beat the Coronavirus pandemic to make these festivals memorable.”

Tusshar and his sister, producer Ekta Kapoor, are known to host one of the best Diwali parties in Bollywood every year. What’s the plan this time? He shares, “It will be just a few friends in the house. We will keep it small. In fact, my birthday is a few days after Diwali, and even for that, we have the same plan. Though we have a lot to celebrate, we plan to keep things simple. Personally, I am not a social butterfly, so I usually have a quiet, intimate birthday with friends and family every year. This year, I’ll live it up with my son (Laksshya) and nephew (Ravie).”