Ruman Ganguly (BOMBAY TIMES; August 3, 2020)

Musician-politician-actor Babul Supriyo has gone into isolation following his doctor’s advice. The MP from Asansol has tweeted that he recently met Home Minister Amit Shah, who has been hospitalised after testing positive for Coronavirus. Babul will soon take the COVID test. On his Twitter handle, the Babul wrote: “I had met Honble HM Shri @AmitShah ji day before in the evening. I am advised by Doctors to confine myself, away from my family members, for the next few days with a test to be done soon. Shall abide with all precautionary measures as per Rules & Protocol #COVID19 #AmitShah (sic).”

Supriyo, who is the Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change in the Union Council of Ministers, said, “Those who were in close proximity with Amit Shah have to be in self quarantine now. We met him a day before, with all social distancing protocols in place. But now when he has tested positive, we have to be in isolation and get the COVID test done. I have shifted to my office room and will get tested on Monday. Though I am completely fine, there are many who are asymptomatic too. So, I need to get tested to be sure.”