Divya Kaushik (BOMBAY TIMES; March 27, 2020)

While the world is facing a lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic, online music concerts and live sessions by musicians from across the globe have come to the rescue of music lovers.

Keeping with the times, some musicians are also coming up with songs to create awareness on Covid-19 and encourage people to practise social distancing and self-isolation. Kailash Kher is writing a song to create awareness about the current situation. He says, “I have been home for the last 10 days now and each day, I am taking out time to write. I am in the process of writing a song, Mai Hi Mera Rakshak Hu. I want to create awareness through the song and share a message with everyone out there that it is our responsibility to stay safe.”

The singer adds that he has completed writing the song and he will be releasing it online by next week. “I will be sending it to my sound production team soon and will record it. I am looking at releasing it on social media by next week.”

Kher says that now is the time when each one of us should be looking at sharing something positive with each other. “Music has emerged as a binding force during this time. I am just doing my bit in spreading some positive message,” he says.