Sangeeta Yadav (BOMBAY TIMES; November 8, 2019)

Not many actors are confident sporting a no makeup look. However, looking flawless in her untouched pictures comes naturally to Jennifer Winget. The actor, in her own words, isn’t conscious about looking good all the time, and rather feels good on her no makeup days.

“Actors have to look pretty on screen, but there are days where I want to be a total slob,” confesses the 34-year-old, who was last seen in the TV show Bepannaah.

While more and more actors are opting for cosmetic treatments to look younger, Jennifer feels that it’s completely one’s choice. “If you want to undergo cosmetic treatments, who is anyone else to judge you? It’s your body and only you have the right to do whatever you want to do with it. Which girl doesn’t like getting dolled up? I know I thoroughly enjoy it, and why not?” she asks.

The actor also points out that everything that glitters isn’t gold. She elaborates by saying that though the entertainment world looks glamorous, one should not get swayed by the good looks. “I don’t wake up looking like a diva. I wake up looking like I fought with myself. It takes a whole team to get me looking like I do because that’s the job I signed up for,” Jennifer adds.

However, she is quick to clarify that she isn’t complaining. “People should be able to differentiate between real and reel. Social media can be deceiving and youngsters don’t see through it.”

Asked which actors she looks up to as the most powerful women in today’s time, Jennifer quickly takes Meryl Streep and Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ name. “They’re powerful and confident women who’ve earned a name, and used it for a good cause. Their versatility shows in the films they do globally.”