Pooja Sharma (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 6, 2019)

Usually, actors aren’t one to admit their bad choices but Richa Chadha is a refreshing anomaly to the rule. The actor, known for her candid confessions and wicked sense of humour, admits that she keeps a count of her failures and films that don’t live up to her expectations. She says that she has made a few bad choices that she isn’t proud of today, and cheekily states that her laptop has a folder she’s named “puraane paap (old mistakes)”, in which she lists a few of her performances that she dislikes. Richa says that lacking “a godfather”, a team of advisors and managers in her initial years led to her making regrettable choices. She says, “It’s not like there’s a buffet to pick from. But it was always well-intended. I was trying to make choices I believed in. Some things didn’t pan out the way they should have. My goal now is to never add to that folder, that’s all.”

Richa further adds, “I don’t fight my emotions. Failures are a natural way of evolving. I don’t lie or hide them or tell myself that I’ll try to be positive. Rather, I will cry, sulk and try to get it (failure) out of my system. But I have matured enough to navigate work. I started off with films like Gangs Of Wasseypur (2012) and was branded for a certain kind of cinema. I have realised that I would rather be impactful than visible. I want to be relevant beyond my youth. I want to navigate wisely.”