Anil Kapoor
Meena Iyer (DNA; February 20, 2019)

At 62, Anil Kapoor’s spirit is infectious and his charm undeniable. While promoting his Friday release Total Dhamaal, the actor said, “Even as we speak, I am thinking that perhaps I could qualify for the title of Sequel Man.”

He laughed and added, “There are so many of my films that have the definite possibility of being made into successful franchises. For eg, for some reason, the sequels to Mr India (1987) and No Entry (2005) haven’t taken off. Welcome (2007) has had two successful instalments. People keep asking me why I haven’t agreed to a sequel for Nayak: The Real Hero (2001) because this socio-political drama has so much relevance even today and will definitely lend itself to a mind-blowing second part.”

Anil exclaimed that he was proud of the fact that he was a part of the Race franchise. Now, he is excited about Total Dhamaal that he has just joined.

“Indu (Indra Kumar) didn’t have to say much to convince me to get on board. I am happy to team up with Madhuri (Dixit-Nene) with whom I have done 18-odd films and of course, with Ajay (Devgn) as well as the rest of the cast which includes Riteish (Deshmukh), Jaaved (Jaaferi) and Arshad (Warsi). We had the most fun shooting this film and today I feel happy to be in the last leg of the promotions as well. Some movies just make you happy. Total Dhamaal is one of them,” he signed off.


The actor in No Entry; As the protagonist in Nayak: The Real Hero; As the patriarch in Race 3