Riteish Deshmukh
Nayandeep Rakshit (DNA; October 9, 2017)

Riteish Deshmukh is an artist. He sculpts eco-Ganpatis every year and now, he’s done something special for his sons Riaan and Rahyl.

The actor has hand-painted their favourite characters on the window panes of his apartment in New York. Riteish planned a surprise for his kids. He tells us, “My kids inspired me to paint. Nothing else has given me more happiness than to paint for them. They are obsessed with The Lion King and The Jungle Book.”

Riteish’s paintings were made on demand, because his kids love these characters. He says, “It started with Mufasa, Scar, and Simba. I have just finished Bagheera. Sher Khan is next.” No wonder, Riteish is counted among the most doting dads of Bollywood. He further adds, “Genelia encouraged me to take this up. She got me my paints and brushes.”

Ask about his kids’ reaction to the paintings and the funny man jokes, “They were thrilled to see the artwork. They think I’m Picasso, who is at their service.”