Anupam Kher
Upala KBR (MID-DAY; October 12, 2017)

What was your first reaction?
I was told about the decision on Tuesday, but I didn’t know it would be announced so soon. I felt honoured, but also nervous. When entrusted with such a responsibility, you wonder if you’re worthy of it. I felt I am, given my body of work. I can make a difference.

So you’ll encourage communication?
I need to be a facilitator in making their dreams come true. At the end of the day, whoever is studying there, wants to be a great filmmaker or technician or actor. Institutions are not about politics but about learning and education.

You replaced the controversial Gajendra Chauhan...
When the earlier Chairman was appointed, I was critical of the choice.

What are the new measures you plan to implement?
I don’t want to decide beforehand. I want to sit with students and then decide.