Rachana Dubey (BOMBAY TIMES; August 12, 2017)

Looking the part is half the battle won, especially when a film is set in a certain time zone and region. Emraan Hashmi, for one, is aware of this. For his character Daliya in Baadshaho, he spent a considerable amount of time with street artistes and the locals of Rajasthan to pick up their mannerisms and body language. The Milan Luthria-directorial has been shot across the state, and is set in the 1970s.

When BT asked Emraan about what went into looking his part, the actor said, “I met a local guide in Rajasthan who spoke a variety of languages, sported funky attire and had tattoos. He wore T-shirts on dhotis with pagdis. I loved that and I decided to incorporate it in my character's look. He had a nonchalant and carefree attitude. Daliya is based on this colourful real-life character. He gave us references for the accessories I've worn in the film. They are very retro and were worn by the men in those days.“