Suniel Shetty with daughter Athiya
MID-DAY (July 18, 2017)

His daughter Athiya has already made her film debut, while son Aahan will soon step into Bollywood, and actor Suniel Shetty says he is now completely immersed in guiding his children in their respective careers.

“Having been a part of 126 movies, I think I had an overdose of cinema. I needed to take a break. This is a period when I need to focus on my children. Athiya and Ahan’s careers are more important for me. I should take it easy and share whatever I have learnt with them,” Shetty said.

After a long break, Shetty will return to the big screen as the antagonist in A Gentleman, starring Sidharth Malhotra. “I have a small but important role in the film. I have also signed other projects.”

His daughter’s maiden film Hero (2015), which also featured debutante Sooraj Pancholi, failed at the box office. But Shetty says he is proud of his daughter’s efforts. “Two newcomers brought in Rs 37 crore. That is not bad at all. I am indebted to Salman Khan [producer] and Nikkhil Advani [director].”