Tiger Shroff
Sonil Dedhia (MID-DAY; July 4, 2017)

In a recent interview, Nawazuddin Siddiqui indicated that he despises roles that are similar in nature, and cannot fathom being part of two successive films that show him in the same light. But, the actor’s Munna Michael co-star, Tiger Shroff, has a different opinion. “Because people are categorising me as an action star or a dancer, I feel like I have already made my identity,” the actor tells mid-day when we meet him at a suburban office.

“When a script demands a particular style of action or dance, I don’t want to be the second choice. That people try to define me is testimony to the fact that I’ve made a huge impact in three films. I am trying to create a space of my own and want to dominate it.”

Shroff is aware of his abilities as an action hero and claims that not many in the industry can pull off the stunts that he can. It’s no wonder then that he is unfazed by those dominating Bollywood. “I admire my contemporaries but don’t look at them as competition. I believe they are a different breed. I don’t think many of them can do what I do.”

When Shroff set foot in the industry in 2014, many presumed that the star kid would try and ape his father. But the young actor feels that he has carved a niche of his own. “I am thankful to be Jackie Shroff’s son. But that puts a lot of pressure on me. I don’t want people to call me Jackie Shroff ka beta. Instead, I want him to be known as Tiger Shroff’s dad. Yes, I have an ego.”

Shroff is set to romance his rumoured girlfriend, Disha Patani, in Baaghi 2. While he chooses to stay mum on his relationship, he says, “I am looking forward to working with her. We are comfortable with each other and spend a lot of time together. So, it is definitely going to be easy to collaborate. Our chemistry will look natural on screen.”

A self-confessed Michael Jackson fan, Shroff admits he has grown up emulating the pop icon and dreams of portraying him on screen. “I’m waiting for someone to offer me a biopic on Michael Jackson.”