The Instagram post that caught the fan's fancy
Sonil Dedhia (MID-DAY; June 14, 2017)

Sonam Kapoor has done a Sushma Swaraj. Like the Minister of External Affairs who is known to solve the aam aadmi’s phoren-related trouble in a jiffy, the actress sprang a surprise on a fan ahead of her graduation day bash.

It all started with an Instagram post of Sonam and her producer-sister Rhea Kapoor modelling outfits from their high-street label, Rheson. The leggy lady’s black mogra palazzo saree caught the fancy of a fan, Isha Adeel Choudhary, who commented saying, “Please, please help me get the black mogra for my graduation. I am in USA and the retail chain doesn’t delivere here.” Responding to the message, Sonam and her team swung into action; they shipped the saree along with a handwritten note and a photo from the actress’ childhood.

“We wanted to make her graduation day special,” said Sonam, adding, “The credit goes to my team who brought it to my notice and could make it happen in a short time.”

Isha was on cloud nine when she got her surprise package. She told us, “It’s amazing as I didn’t expect this. I would really love to thank Sonam and Rhea for the saree and the sweet handwritten card. I can’t wait to wear it and send a photo to them.”

The gift package that Sonam sent to her fan