MUMBAI MIRROR (Junr 14, 2017)

After entertaining music lovers with her silken voice for over six decades, Asha Bhosle is set to join other leading singers at the Madame Tussauds wax museum in Delhi. Her wax figure will be displayed in the Bollywood music zone at the upcoming wax museum in an interactive themed environment. It will be built with the help of over 150 specific meas urements and images.

The Dadasaheb Phalke awardee is thrilled and humbled. “Having a wax figure is a completely ecstatic feeling and a new experience for me. This is the first time I have undergone a sitting and I must thank them for making it unique and exciting. I am excited to see and meet my final figure when the attraction opens,“ says the 83-year-old singer, who has recorded songs for over a thousand Bollywood movies; in more than 20 Indian and foreign languages.

The Tussauds museum in the capital will have over 50 wax figures of famous personalities from sports, cinema, politics, history and music.