Sooraj Pancholi with his trainer, Rajeev Singh, with whom he has co-written a book on fitness
Sonil Dedhia (MID-DAY; May 8, 2017)

After a dream debut with Salman Khan’s 2015 production, Hero, Sooraj Pancholi went missing from the Bollywood scene. However, time away from movie sets was well utilised — the actor along with his trainer, Rajeev Singh, has co-written a book on health and fitness.

Says Sooraj, “Fitness is something that I am extremely passionate about. When my trainer told me he wants to write a book on fitness, I was sure it will work because of our extensive knowledge on the subject.”

The actor says he often receives requests from friends to advise them on maintaining a healthy life. “Whenever I post anything related to fitness on social media, I get a lot of questions, so I decided to share my inputs through this book. From different work-out techniques to a healthy, balanced diet, my inputs will be realistic and something that everyone can incorporate into their daily routine. I have seen drastic changes in myself since the time I started working out and I want to pass on the tips and techniques I have learnt.”

Sooraj also plans to launch a fitness app and a health café in partnership with his sister, Sana.