BOMBAY TIMES (May 21, 2017)

Lucknow-born Anaika Soti is on cloud nine these days. The actress, who is best recalled for her role in the bilingual Satya 2 (2013) apart from her work in the Southern industry, has recently shot a music video for a song rendered by Shreya Ghoshal. The video, helmed by Artistahoy, has been received very well online and that has put a smile on the actress' face.

“The journey from Satya 2 to working in a couple of films down South to this video has been amazing. I have really enjoyed every bit of it. I particularly loved working on the video with director Kunal Naithani and his team. It was a beautiful bunch which was very professional,“ says Anaika. Ask her about switching lanes from Hindi films to the South, and she says, “I had a lot of offers in Bollywood but nothing satisfied me as an artiste. I wasn't convinced about a lot of them which is the reason I opted for better prospects down South. The films had reasonably good roles. Language is not a bar for an artiste. I prefer not doing a film over doing a film that doesn't match my expectations.“

Kunal, on his part, says, “Anaika was a perfect fit for the video. We shot it in a day because we had budget constraints. I'm glad people have liked the video and it has already gone past the million-views-mark in less than a week which is really encouraging.“