As told to Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; April 28, 2017)

I am deeply shocked. I was just speaking to someone when I heard about Vinod Khanna passing away. Though we were not really in touch over the last few years, he was one of the few calm, serene and untroubled actors I worked with.

More than anything else, he was an achingly handsome actor to have graced the film industry. I remember him as a very patient man. He had a cool demeanour and always put his co-actors at ease. He was a thorough gentleman because he never played any games. When you worked with Vinod Khanna, you knew that you would never be double-crossed.

People remember our pairing for Qurbani but I also did Bombay 405 Miles, Hungama and Daulat with him. Qurbani had a nice song picturised on him and me (Hum Tumhein Chahte Hain Aise).

Whenever we met, it felt like we had never lost touch. He continued to be the same man that I worked with three decades ago. The best part about him was, he never changed as a human being. He was the same guy I met on the film sets and he continued to be as warm and gentlemanly at public functions. I feel extremely sad today, as I have lost one of my greatest co-actors. In my heart, I will always remember him as a great human being. I feel extremely sad for his wife and children.“