Karisma-Randhir
Upala KBR (DNA; April 21, 2017)

After Karisma Kapoor’s ex-husband Sunjay Kapur tied the knot with his girlfriend Priya Sachdev in Delhi last week, in a hush-hush affair, with only family and close friends in attendance, there is speculation now whether his ex-wife Karisma Kapoor will also soon tie the knot with her beau Sandeep Toshniwal. The duo have been quite open about their relationship. It’s obvious that they are serious. He is spotted at all Kapoor “strictly family only” gatherings and the couple have even been on holidays together. However, Karisma’s father Randhir Kapoor says that his daughter is no rush to get married. In fact, he is convinced it’s happening anytime soon.

Sandeep was present at Babita Kapoor’s birthday on Wednesday. When quizzed if Karisma was contemplating getting marriage soon, he says, “I think Lolo is very well settled and happy. I have never discussed the issue of marriage with her but if she does plan to, she will always have my blessings. But I don’t think she wants to get married. She is a happy mother and if she wants, she can get married any time but there is no step in that direction right now. She is happy the way she is. Lolo is an excellent mother who dotes on her children and probably doesn’t feel the need to get married. Kareena too is very settled today and Saif has kept her very happy. He is a wonderful son-in-law and a fine man.”

Randhir dotes on his three grandchildren — Karisma’s children Samaira and Kiaan Raj and Kareena’s son Taimur and very often he drives down from his residence in Chembur to Bandra to meet them. “My grand children are my lifeline. I adore them and look forward to the time I get to meet and play with them. We Kapoors are very family-minded people. For us only family is important and we make it a point to attend each others birthday parties and special occasions.”

Randhir and his brother Rishi recently went for a detox at a health spa in Kerala. Talking about the experience he says, “It’s very difficult to keep to it as they stop us from eating almost anything. Rishi and I didn’t think we would do it for so many days but we lasted for 15 days. I am doing it more for my health.”

His brother has also written an autobiography and is quite a rage on Twitter. but he has no plans of following in his younger brother’s footsteps. “I will never come on social media as I dislike all that bullsh*t! I am a private person like Lolo and I will not write a book on myself. Rishi’s book is a blockbuster and I loved reading it — he’s very honest and true to himself.”