BOMBAY TIMES (March 14, 2017)

Filmmaker duo Abbas Mustan have roped in first timer Eshan Shanker in a prominent role in their romantic thriller Machine, which releases on March 17. An excited Eshan shares, “It's a dream launch to play an important part in an Abbas-Mustan movie. I have grown up watching their films and I'm a fan of their work. They've mentored me in the course of the shoot and etched out my role really well.“

Eshan stands tall at six feet, is lean and has an athletic body. With an international degree in acting and a passion for fitness and dance, the 26-year-old has left no stone unturned for his Bollywood debut. He dedicated the last three years of his life to gymnastics, weight training, dance workouts and rigorous acting workshops.Eshan says, “If you are lucky, you get that one chance to prove yourself. Anyone would give an arm and leg for my role in Machine. I can't reveal more but I do hope people like my work. The film bears Abbas-Mustan's stamp and has interesting twists.“

In an industry where newcomers seldom have it easy, he believes his work will differentiate him from other debutants. “Most newcomers say they are different. But it's only when you see their work, you can tell if their craft sets them apart. I'm no different. Till people don't see my work, I'm as good as any other newcomer,“ he says.