The actor is so impressed, he’s getting a tattoo with the same design!
Upala KBR (DNA; September 15, 2016)

On Monday afternoon, Ajay Devgn, who was editing his next release Shivaay at his Juhu office, was shocked when Soham Shah (who directed him in Kaal) walked in to gift him a huge painting of Lord Shiva.

Ajay says that he found the painting brilliant in colour and design and very inspirational. “I found the painting so beautiful that I am now planning to get a tattoo of it on my back. Of course, it will be quite painful as the design is so intricate.”

Soham adds that he had conceived the painting the day the first trailer of Shivaay released last month. “This was my way of wishing Ajay luck for his film. The rudra murti as represented in the film, is a form of taandav and an apt gift for his film as Ajay’s Shivaay is angry in the film and he wants to retaliate. So there’s a powerful, angry connect to the painting and the film. Ajay has always been there for me since Kaal and has been extremely supportive. Shivaay is his biggest film and I wish him luck. Of course, he was taken aback when I gifted him the painting. He didn’t know I could paint! Direction is my work and passion while painting for me is both a hobby and passion. I have graduated from the JJ School of Arts and have always been an artist,” he adds.