Enlarge Image
John Abraham follows Salman Khan’s lead, wears a brand he co-owns in India, to all his events
PS: Hrithik Roshan does it, too
Upala KBR (DNA; August 10, 2016)

Enlarge ImageEnlarge ImageActors wearing their own brands isn’t a new thing, but it’s a smart idea. They save lakhs of rupees on designer wear and there’s the added benefit of self-promotion. Salman Khan started this trend by wearing Being Human tees everywhere to promote the brand, whose 100 per cent profits go to the the BH charity foundation. Hrithik Roshan followed in Khan’s footsteps, donning his HRX brand every opportunity he got, and now it’s John Abraham wearing his signature Eckõ shirts. And guess what? He is the co-owner of the American franchise in India.

When quizzed about it, John says, “Eckõ Unltd is an American brand and I co-own the franchise in India, so it’s not an endorsement as such. All my tees usually come from there and I wear track pants with them. For denim wear, too, it’s the same brand and I design it the way I want to. I create my own style with my own clothes and I have my own team in Bengaluru for that. They design clothes for the youth of today and everyone else.” The actor-producer adds that he has big plans of launching his brand in September this year. “I am concentrating on that as I want my brand to be the biggest one in India.”

The actor says he has a minimal wardrobe. “I have enough clothes to fit into one suitcase and the minute it gets beyond that, I give them away. I don’t keep too many clothes as my lifestyle is very frugal. It’s always been like that from day one.”

Enlarge Image