Bhumi Pednekar considers herself fortunate to be nominated for Best Debut Actor (Female) category in TOIFA 2016 for her debut film
Nimisha Tiwari (BOMBAY TIMES; March 8, 2016)

From gaining 30 kilos as Ayushmann Khurrana's plus-sized wife in Dum Laga Ke Haisha to being back to a head-turner, Bhumi Pednekar is thanking her stars for the right moves she made at the beginning of her filmi career.

It turned out to be the best debut she could have ever dreamed of. Eating and acting were the parameters for cracking this role. The 25-year-old did it perfectly well. There were days when she woke up to butter chicken for breakfast. She was pampered and fed all the time. In an industry where extra kilos lead to body shaming and low self-esteem, the youngster took that risk and got it right. She has been nominated in the Best Debut Actor (Female) category in The Times of India (TOIFA) 2016 to be held in Dubai on March 18.

Bhumi says, “I would like to thank TOIFA for nominating me. It's an honour for me to be sharing space with actors who have given great performances. When your work is appreciated, it motivates you to do better. Dum Laga Ke Haisha changed my life. It has given me a chance to make a career out of the only thing I know and love to do. To get a chance to work with such a phenomenal director and team is rare for your first and I am indebted to Adi sir (Aditya Chopra), director Sharat Katariya and producer Maneesh Sharma for giving me a chance and making this life-changing movie.“