Aishwarya Sakhuja

Hasti Doshi (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 6, 2026)

Aishwarya Sakhuja says it took her years to understand that her identity goes beyond her work. Looking back at her career, the actress, who has also worked in films, says both success and failure are temporary. Aishwarya, who has been actively doing TV, has also tried her luck in films.

“I have done four films, none of which were released. Thank God for that because I was terrible in them (smiles). I feel that it was my destiny to learn on a film set and then come on television and learn the workings of this medium,” she says.

The actress is now more confident about her abilities and does not shy away from acknowledging her growth. “Today, I tell my producers and whosoever I meet that I am a brilliant actor. I am not going to be modest because I worked hard to understand how this craft works,” she adds.

Aishwarya also opens up about how her height has affected her career. “My height has been a problem. It has been a problem for 16 years now. I have not found many tall leading men in this industry. It can get a little annoying at times, but I don’t blame anyone for that. I leave it to fate,” she shares.

She recalls that even during her wedding, her height became a consideration. “The only condition that my husband had was that throughout those three days of events I’d have to wear flats. He didn’t want anything else,” she says. Aishwarya admits she has also learnt not to measure herself by her professional identity.

“Our self-worth is all around the designation of the work that we do. That is a cultural problem that we have. It took me a lot of time to understand. But now that I have, I’ve understood that stardom is temporary and failures are also temporary. So why think so much? As long as I’m getting food, there’s a roof over my head, I don’t need anything else. I’m good,” she concludes.