Jagruti Katkar (BOMBAY TIMES; October 6, 2026)

Elli AvrRam is at a stage in life where personal growth and emotional well-being are influencing the choices she makes, both on and off screen. As she navigates a difficult personal phase, the actress says she is learning to embrace what life brings while being mindful of the work she takes on. During a recent visit to Goa, she spoke to us about healing, finding calm here and choosing roles that feel right.

'Whether marriage is in my kismat or not, only time will tell'
Elli is currently healing from a painful heartbreak, an experience that she feels has also brought personal growth. “I’m currently healing from a painful heartbreak. I guess I prayed for growth, so God did what He had to do, because we always grow from what breaks us. At least, that has been my experience in life,” she says.

For her, moving forward means consciously choosing growth rather than remaining in a victim mindset. “It’s important that we choose to push through and aim for victory over a victim mindset. It’s a journey of one step at a time,” she adds.

Marriage, however, remains something she continues to believe in. “Marriage is definitely something I’ve always wanted and still believe in. Now, if it’s in my kismat or not, only time will tell,” she says.

However, she is clear that loneliness will not be a reason for her to settle. “I’ve always been clear that I will not compromise on it just because I’m lonely, because that would be like signing up for a funeral,” she says.

'Nature charges me up'
Elli’s favourite Goa memory dates back to 2020, when she spent Christmas and New Year’s Eve in the state. “It was so beautiful to experience the celebrations here. On January 1, I woke up and went to the church first thing in the morning and truly enjoyed the blissful moment,” she recalls.

She says Goa’s slower pace also helps her unwind. “I love the escape from hustle culture, and the locals are very kind. There’s also another kind of stillness in the air. Spending time in Goa helps me calm my nervous system, and nature charges me up,” she says.

Choosing roles that feel right
At this stage of her career, Elli says she is drawn to roles and scripts that align with where she is emotionally and personally.

“My role as Alicia in Chumbak came to me while I was going through a tough time personally, and it brought so much joy to me while reading about the character. It felt right to do it,” she shares.

The actress also stresses on the importance of looking after one’s mental and physical well-being while taking on demanding roles. “It can be extremely draining when you portray something serious on screen while you’re going through a lot of stress in your life off screen simultaneously. So, one has to take care of oneself and not get burned out physically and mentally,” she says.