Aaliyah Qureishi breaks silence on rumoured boyfriend Vijay Varma
9:30 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; September 28, 2026)
Known for her work in the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Jawan, actress Aaliyah Qureishi has lately been inundated with pap attention. Her recent photos with Vijay Varma evoked curiosity and led to speculation that the two are dating.
In an exclusive chat with Bombay Times, Aaliyah says, “There is someone special in my life right now and I’m very happy. Not that there’s anything to hide, but I think it’s lovely to have something that is yours and a relationship that you can nurture and enjoy, without having to constantly define or explain it.”
Soon to launch her music album as a singer, Aaliyah, who goes by the music alias Jhalli, acknowledges that Vijay has also been a great support in her musical journey.
She says, “I’ve been working on this album and through it all, Vijay has been a great creative and emotional support. I’d just like to keep that part of my life a little private. I’ve always felt that some relationships are more meaningful when you’re able to experience them away from the public gaze and simply allow them to grow and be enjoyed for what they are.”
She explains that their connection is rooted deeply in the way they relate to creativity and the artistic process.
“We both have very individual creative journeys, but there’s a shared understanding of what it means to follow an instinct, to be curious about something, and sometimes, to pursue an idea simply because it feels meaningful to you, even if it doesn’t fit neatly into what is expected. I think we encourage that instinct in each other. There’s a certain freedom in having someone who understands the heart of creativity, and I think that allows us to challenge and inspire each other in ways that are soulful and creatively enriching,” she shares.
The Mumbai girl also revealed that her passion for music and movies came like it does for every child who wants to grow up and be a performer.
“I used to sing and would be forced to perform for guests whenever we had people over. I have always loved music. The first song I wrote was when I was in fifth standard,” she says, adding, “I just want to give both my babies (acting and music) equal attention. One thing I really love about my music is that I get to tell my own stories, unlike acting, where I get to tell other people’s stories.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment