Vinay MR Mishra (BOMBAY TIMES; September 11, 2026)

Orry, formally known as Orhan Awatramani, is bored. After participating in an adventure-based reality show, he finds himself struggling to feel equally stimulated by anything else. “I’m so bored. I have nothing to do,” he confesses. But as he sits down for a conversation with Bombay Times, Orry may appear dazed at first, but once he begins talking, his words come at a rapid-fire pace. In the conversation, Orry talks about loneliness, friendships, love, identity, and more. While he remains guarded about certain aspects of his personal life, he is characteristically unfiltered about everything else. Excerpts follow:

‘When every day is a Friday, the Fridays don’t feel special’
So why is Orry bored? He replies, “People are always like, ‘Oh, Orry, how can you be bored? How can you be sad? Look at your life, you're Orry.’ To me, I’m just me. In my life, being Orry is the normal. It’s very scary in life when you realize a Friday night has been stolen from you. If every night in your life could be a Friday night, there’s no specialty to a Friday night. Normal people get to look forward to a Friday night, but every night of my life is like a Friday night. So, I’ve been robbed of being able to look forward to the weekend. Maybe I need to get a job, just to occupy myself and have a purpose.”

‘Loneliness is a visitor. It comes and goes’
Despite being surrounded by people and maintaining friendships across industries, Orry says he occasionally experiences loneliness. “You can be friends with everyone and, yet, at times have a lonely moment. All my friends are very productive, and they’re always doing things. But I’m not, because I seem to have more hours in a day than other people. Others go to work in the morning; they have jobs, they have partners, they have kids, they have Pilates. I don’t do all of that. So, it’s the emptiness in the day that often causes the loneliness. It’s not a permanent feeling in my life. It’s a visitor, it comes and goes. It’s not like I’m a lonely person,” he explains.

‘I’m not the face of any community’
As the conversation dives deeper, Orry discusses sexuality. He has spoken nonchalantly about his sexuality, whether making a gay joke on a comedy show or calling himself gay in his reels. He, however, never dramatically made an announcement.

“We’ve never actually had a cool, fun, mainstream person like me before. But I’m not the face of this (queer) community. I never asked to be the face, nor did I take this responsibility or associate too much because I don’t do any community things. People dump this leader-of-the-community tag on me, then get upset with things I do. But I’m always going to live my life for myself first,” he tells us.

He goes on to add, "No one (from the community) did anything for me. When I first popped off, and I was getting so much hate and trolling, it’s not like this community came and supported me and was my emotional support. I was my own support. And now that I’m successful and big, people want to claim that I’m from this and I represent that. No, I’m just here for myself. I represent myself. What I would like to inspire people to do is not take themselves so seriously."

‘I’m old-fashioned when it comes to masculinity’
While Orry may challenge conventional expectations of how a man should look or behave, he says his understanding of masculinity is surprisingly traditional. “I’m a very old-fashioned person. To me, masculinity means exactly what you would immediately think when you hear the word masculinity. It’s 2026, and now when you hear the word masculine, people get triggered and confused. But to me, masculine means that macho, alpha male guy. To me, masculinity means Rohit Shetty. When I think of a masculine person, that’s exactly what comes to mind — tall, broad, macho, fit, deep and smooth voice, chivalrous, or maybe even toxic. To me, that’s masculinity. I don’t believe in any other form of it,” he explains.

‘I don’t think anyone is 100% masculine’
While he does not wish to define his sexuality in this conversation, Orry says he was fortunate to have the freedom to explore different parts of his personality while growing up at boarding school. “I don’t think anyone is 100% masculine. There are some boys who are very masculine and some boys who are less so. My physical attributes would never allow me to have the most masculine physique, but I was always athletic and fit. I went to an international boarding school that allowed me to explore all parts of my personality. I have had phases where I was extremely feminine and I was like, that’s not me," he explains, and adds, "I’m a dude at the end of the day. I have more guy friends than I have girlfriends. I’m in more boy groups than I am in girl groups. I may not be the most masculine person, but I am a guy at the end of the day, and I like that I’m a guy who is a bit feminine as well. I can wear the things I want, but I can also pull them off.”

‘I knew how to swim to the shore’
Orry is also averse to the idea of labelling his sexuality or identity. "My life doesn't run on validation from other people. I don't need you to validate me when I do well. I don't need you to validate me when I do badly. So, your tag — it doesn't affect me at all," he states.

Looking back at his younger years, Orry says he does not believe he experienced the same degree of confusion with his identity that many people do because he was able to explore without fear. “A lot of guys do struggle, and sometimes a lot of other people get upset with me because I didn’t have that struggle. But I was very clear in my mind. Even if I did have that struggle, let’s say you’re in an ocean and you’re drowning, but you can see the shore — I knew how to swim to the shore. So even if I was struggling and it was hard, I knew the direction I had to go, and I knew what had to be done and I did it.”

He explains, "I was never shy to try new things. I was never scared to venture down a path that other people hadn’t. I was able to try different personalities, different outfits, different levels of masculinity and femininity. I was able to do all the trial and error and permutation combinations till I found myself in the way I am today.”

‘I have been in love many times’
Orry is equally candid about love, heartbreak , and relationships. "I have been in love many times. I’ve been heartbroken so many times. The concept of love keeps changing. I don’t find love in stability, compatibility and fondness. I find love more in drama and toxicity. I need that storybook love with Romeo and Juliet where they both kill each other and realize it was a mistake, but they’re dead. For me, that is more love. I need love to be an emotional roller coaster," he explains.

‘Orry world comes first now’
Ask him when was in love last and he admits, "I am currently single. My last breakup was last week ago." Talking about it, he says, "You do learn a lot from every relationship, and you really learn a lot about yourself more than anything else. I’ve always been the kind of person to drop everything for the person I’m in love with. My life usually becomes about the other person and I move into that person’s life. I leave Orry world and join La La Land of the other person. The last relationship really taught me that Orry world comes first."

The internet believes he is dating a guy named Shivpreet Suvarna. However, Orry debunks the rumours right away. "Shiv is my friend. There's nothing there. We play into the narrative because it works for content," he reveals.