Pratik Gandhi

Priyanka Sharma (MID-DAY; September 13, 2026)

Since filmmaker Hansal Mehta premièred the first two episodes of Gandhi at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) in 2025, audiences at home have been asking one question: when will the show drop in India? Naturally, when we caught up with Pratik Gandhi, we posed the same question.

“I know we are all waiting for it. I guess they should announce it soon once they have some news about it,” said the actor, and added, “What I know is that they are finishing the music and background score of the last episode.”

The series, based on author Ramachandra Guha’s Gandhi Before India and Gandhi: The Years That Changed the World, also featured Gandhi’s actor-wife Bhamini Oza as Kasturba Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi’s partner.

While the actor eagerly awaits the release of Gandhi and enjoys the compliments coming his way for Tigmanshu Dhulia-directed Ghamasaan, he will soon begin shooting for the sequel to the comedy, Madgaon Express (2024). Gandhi’s diverse filmography stems from his consistent effort to choose projects that offer something different, which often means saying no more than yes.

He admitted that saying no is the “most difficult thing” to do. “Sometimes, when you tell people that you don’t have dates, they’ll tell you that [they will work around] the dates, provided I like the script. At that point, you have to be extremely real. But you also [have to be careful] that you don’t discourage them. So I give my energy and time to read a script of 100-120 pages. When you say no, you should have reasons as to why it’s not working because that is the second question they ask. It takes a lot of my time, but you get to read so many stories and different points of view,” smiled Gandhi.