I don’t want to be the soft target anymore-Sooraj Pancholi
3:34 PM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; September 6, 2026)
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday (September 2, 2026) ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the death of former celebrity manager Disha Salian, who died in June 2020 allegedly after falling from a high-rise building in Malad. The judges ordered the CBI to appoint a senior and an experienced officer to carry out the investigation in the case.
The judges, while ordering a CBI probe made it clear that "no one will be treated as an accused, unless the I.O finds substantiate material against someone". The order comes on a plea filed by Disha's father, who claimed that his daughter was gang-raped and murdered. He alleged that various influential people had an active role behind the murder.
(Disha's father) Satish Salian's lawyer, Advocate Nilesh Ojha told the press, "The court issued a clear order directing the CBI to register an FIR in this matter and record Satish Salian's statement. FIR ke baad hoga investigation. Jinjinkay khilaf saboot milenge woh aaropi banenge, jinkay khilaf saboot nahi milenge woh aaropi nahi hongay. FIR mien naam sabka hoga, whoever Satish Salian thinks is responsible." The list also includes the name of actor Sooraj Pancholi.
In an exclusive conversation with Bombay Times, Sooraj Pancholi stated, "I spoke to you for your Bombay Times report in 2020 and I repeat, I didn't know who Disha Salian is, never met her in my life, never spoke to her on the phone, never attended any event or party of hers. In my previous legal battle, I learnt my lesson that keeping quiet does not help. Silence cost me as people spread misinformation on social media. Even this time, my family doesn't want me to speak up. They want me to stay away from all this. I am focussing on my career in films but I don’t want to be the soft target anymore. I don’t want to be dragged into this without any proof and subjected to that trauma all over again.”
The actor revealed, “I voluntarily gave my statement to the CBI and the Malvani police in 2021 about Disha Salian. I have never met her in my life. I have no connection with her whatsoever. I want her father to get justice. If there’s any evidence against me, please put me behind bars but if there isn’t, you need to stop dragging me unnecessarily. It’s unfair. I don’t care who is accused, who isn’t, I have nothing to do with her case, and I am ready to give as many statements as needed. The biggest lesson I have learnt is to speak up. People need to stop portraying me as a villain. I cannot revisit that trauma and perception warfare.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Bombay High Court,
CBI,
Disha Salian,
Interviews,
Mumbai Police,
Nilesh Ojha,
Satish Salian,
Sooraj Pancholi,
Sooraj Pancholi interview
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment