Darr ke aage Akriti Kakar hai. Duniya mein koi cheez nahi hai aisi jo woh nahi overcome kar sakti-Palash Sen
8:34 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Debarati S Sen (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 3, 2026)
Akriti Kakar was 16, when she first met Palash Sen. She’d been chosen to open for Euphoria at a show in Udaipur; an opportunity that was thrilling and intimidating in equal measure for the singer. “I was a teenager who was in awe of The Palash Sen when I first met him. His humility made me believe he’s for real!” she recalls.
What stayed with her was not just meeting the frontman of a band she admired, but the warmth she received from the entire group. “They were so supportive and loving and encouraging to a 16-year-old girl who nobody knew about at that point.”
Over the years, that first impression only deepened. Akriti laughs that while she grew older, “he visibly grew younger and only cooler”. The admiration gradually turned into friendship, and eventually, a relationship she describes as that of a big brother, guide and friend.
From respect to a family-like friendship
For Palash, too, the relationship began with admiration. He remembers watching a very young Akriti perform at Euphoria concerts and being struck by not just her voice but the way she carried herself.
“With Akriti, I think the respect came first,” he says. “She conducted herself with such dignity, poise, which is rare in these times. I was always such a fan of hers. She’s such a dynamic person, strong and brave, the way she has handled her life. I say, ‘Darr ke aage Akriti hai’. Duniya mein koi dar, koi cheez nahi hai aisi jo Akriti nahi overcome kar sakti.”
There is also plenty of laughter between them. Palash recalls that whenever they meet, it becomes a “laugh riot”.
That chemistry was particularly evident while shooting their latest music video Oh Jaanu. Their director would reportedly have to wait for the two to finish laughing before continuing the shoot. “I’m a very private person, but I’m just so comfortable with her, she is like a sister. I hold her in high regard, and I admire her as an artist,” says Palash.
A musical equation built on faith
Their professional equation has grown alongside their friendship. Akriti says, “Collaborating with Palash Da is a bumper lottery for multiple reasons. He’s a big bucket list tick mark for me! Having grown up on his iconic songs like Maeri and Kaise Bhoolegi Mera Naam, having him collaborate with me on this incredibly mental track is more special than I can possibly express.”
When she approached him for Oh Jaanu, his response meant as much to her as the collaboration itself: “If you’re doing it, I’m on. I trust you with your creative decisions, tu kuch achha hi karegi.” Their bond has also spilled beyond music. “Akriti recently gifted me idols of Shiva, Ma Durga and Vaishno Devi. I feel my house is blessed. Akriti keeps blessing me always, she’s such a pure soul.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Akriti Kakar,
Akriti Kakar interview,
Euphoria,
Interviews,
Palash Sen,
Palash Sen interview
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment